Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Vermont






This duck I already posted, out of order. But I want to remember it for my own records. She had a fishing line hanging from her mouth. I fed her a piece of bread, and hoped she'd be OK.
And this is one last sunset from Lake Carmi.





























Scenes from our bikeride on a perfectly smooth bike/hike trail; small gravel, built on an old RR bed. To the left, Dick is signing in. The trail followed this river, the name of which I've forgotten.















Sunsets from our campsite at Lake Carmi.
























George's GREAT meal at Carmi State Park, VT. One of the MANY meals we've had with fresh, sweet corn. Many of our meals have come completely from the fruit stands, except for the meat. They remind me of summers at my grandmother's house, eating out of her garden. These 2 pics are our campsite, and the view from our campsite, of Lake Carmi (short for Carmichael, a local Civil War hero.)













A








The dairy farms in this area are so pretty, with the meadows of hay and alfalfa and corn, and the huge red barns. We had to try to capture them on film.













No comments:

Post a Comment